The kitchen tips below are very easy to implement and may have never occurred to you before. Moreover, you can use natural ingredients available in your kitchen or at your home. Materials used such as baking soda, newspaper, lemon/lime, used toothbrushes, etc.
We are sure some of them can make your life and work easier and more practical. Please read and practice …
1. Prevents Stew Stew from Overflowing from Saucepan
Place a long wooden spoon in the middle of the pan to prevent the sauce from spilling when boiling or boiling in the pan. The spoon handle can break the boiling concentration so that the steam can come out. Do not believe it? Please try it yourself 🙂
2. Eliminating Odor in Lunch Boxes
Often annoyed with the smell of the lunchbox if you wash it too late? How to get rid of it is very easy. Here are some alternatives you can do.
- Take salt – Smells in plastic boxes often come from food debris hiding in plastic scrapes. Rub your favorite lunch box with salt can remove trapped food debris and, of course, will eliminate the smell.
- Newspaper – Does your lunch box still smell? Try it with the newspaper! Squeeze a few pieces of newspaper and then dip it with a little water. Put the newspaper into a box, then close it, and leave it for a few days. Charcoal material contained in newsprint can absorb unpleasant odors.
- Coffee – Coffee is one of the smart choices to ward off odors. For small boxes, just add one or two tablespoons of coffee beans. For large boxes, use 3-5 spoonfuls of coffee beans. Put coffee in the lunchbox, or Tupperware, cover, then save for a few days. Coffee will absorb odors.
3. Remove Stains on Plastic Lunchboxes
Tomato juice, sauce, oil seasonings, or colored foods (which are definitely yummy …) can cause stains on the lunchbox. The stain is difficult to remove, even though you have rubbed it many times.
Try this way: Fill your plastic box with warm water (a little hot is better) then add 2-5 teaspoons (depending on the size of your plastic box) lemon. Let it soak for a few minutes, then rub lightly with a sponge. The acid in lemons will easily break down food stains.
4. Clean the stove handle full of fat & oil
Cleaning the handle of the stove is rather complicated. The complications are due to exposure to oil, fat, and spices after cooking, which is difficult to remove. Then how to clean it? Rubbed? Do not! Because it can damage the coating layer.
Use ammonia! Take about 1/4 cup of ammonia and fill in a large plastic bag (zipper). You only need a little ammonia, not trying to soak the stove. You just want to cover it with ammonia smoke.
Leave overnight. Smoke from ammonia makes the hardened fats and oils dissolve—the next day, just clean with a sponge.
5. Smart Ways to Clean a Microwave
- Step 1: Fill 1/2 cup (microwave-safe) with water.
- Step 2: Squeeze a lemon or lime juice into the bowl.
- Step 3: Insert the bowl of water + lemon juice into the Microwave. Turn on the Microwave for 3-5 minutes. Then leave it for 1-2 minutes (with the micro door still closed).
- Step 4: Remove the bowl, then clean the Microwave with a rag – the dirt should be removed easily!
- Step 5: Wash the rotary glass in the Microwave, after clean put it back. Done!
6. Clean the sink
The sink is often a very dirty, oily place, and can be a source of bacteria & germs even though it’s been washed with dish cleaning liquid. For maximum results, use vinegar to clean the sink so that it is free from dirt, oil, mold, and stains.
Here’s how: Pour a few drops (many are allowed) vinegars on the surface of the sink you want to clean. Rub with rough foam without using soap. Wash clean afterward, the sink will clean again rough and free of oil.
7. Quick Ways to Wash Mixer
Sometimes we are lazy to wash the mixer after making fresh juice, we usually soak it in water and wash it another time. There is a quick, practical, and easy way to clean mixer.
How: Refill the mixer with water and a few drops of liquid or dish soap, then put the mixer back on the motor drive. Turn on the mixer for about 30 seconds, and rinse for final results. And done, your blender is clean.